Annual report & financial statements for the year ended 31 March 2023
The trustees present their annual report and the audited financial statements
Our annual report details our achievements and progress towards our strategic goals; plus our plans for the future, followed by a financial review.
On behalf of voluntary organisations working in the criminal justice system, and our 500+ members, our activities included:
Improved understanding of the role and value of voluntary organisations among criminal justice system practitioners.
Improved our members’ sense of connectedness to us and their ability to get information, advice and resources.
Maintained our respected policy voice amplified the voice of the sector.
Adapted the way we support, promote and represent the voluntary sector, so that how implement solutions to the challenges and opportunities it faces, are embedded into our work.
Began to develop a new strategy for the future, involving those we aim to serve and the people who will be at the heart of its success.
Our communications programme
- Hosted 73 events, totalling 2,301 attendees.
- Our social media following grew further in this year with a total of 30,204 followers across the Clinks and National Criminal Justice Arts Alliance (NCJAA) Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook accounts.
- Clinks sent regular ebulletins, ensuring we delivered vital information to the sector and promoted its work to a wide range of criminal justice stakeholders. We delivered 146 ebulletins and newsflashes over the year to 21,601 subscribers.
- 12 editions of the National Criminal Justice Arts Alliance newsletter and 10 newsflashes with information specific to arts organisations and practitioners in the criminal justice system to 7,416 subscribers.
- Clinks produced and published 44 publications during the 2022-23 financial year, including major reports and guides for the sector, briefings, consultation responses and meeting notes.
- Maintained our popular job board. There were 2,239 vacancies posted during the 2022-23 financial year, and that section of the website had over 145,000 views across the year. Our Directory of Services had over 57,000 views and our Partnership Finder had over 15,500 views.