Online booking for this event is now closed. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to attend.
Clinks is holding a consultation event with the voluntary sector to support an independent review of evidence of neurodiversity in the criminal justice system which is being conducted by HM Inspectorate of Prisons and HM Inspectorate of Probation, with support from HM Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire & Rescue Services. This event forms part of a wider review of neurodiversity in the criminal justice system, which has been commissioned by the Ministry of Justice (MoJ).
We want to gather feedback from voluntary sector organisations who work with adults with neurodiverse conditions who are in contact with the criminal justice system, both in prison and in the community.
Please note that ‘neurodiversity’ refers to conditions that fall under the wider category of neurodevelopmental disorders (NDDs). These include:
- Learning difficulties and disabilities (like Dyslexia, Dyscalculia and Developmental Coordination Disorder)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD, including ADD)
- Autism spectrum conditions
- Developmental Language Disorder (DLD, including speech and language difficulties)
- Tic disorders (including Tourette’s Syndrome and Chronic Tic Disorder)
- Cognitive, emotional and behavioural impairments caused by Acquired Brain Injury (ABI).
The feedback gathered in this consultation will inform the findings of Her Majesty’s Inspectorate’s review of neurodiversity in the criminal justice system, which intends to help the MoJ to improve awareness of neurodiversity in the criminal justice system, giving staff the confidence and knowledge to support adults with neurodiverse needs.
Please note that participation in this consultation event requires organisations to have engagement with and expertise on adults with neurodiverse conditions who are in contact with the criminal justice system.
This event is for voluntary sector organisations only.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing all information required to register for the meeting. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org