Bthechange CIC are looking to employ an individual that is passionate about social justice and who is capable of running and monitoring our newly formed custody and community telephone support line.
About US - bthechange CIC is an award-winning social enterprise that provides life changing initiatives to directly support individuals with moving forward in their lives that are either at risk of entering or are in the criminal justice system. bthechange not only provides structured programmes for client support, but we also play an active role in system change, working with those ‘intermediaries’ whose policies, rules, processes, cultures and attitudes affect people with convictions. We are extremely committed and proud of being an equal opportunities and diverse organisation, of which is demonstrated by our team who come from a multitude of backgrounds, with varied cultures, beliefs, and sexual orientations.
We truly are a company that represents society.
Our Values - Respect | Authenticity | Compassion | Equality
- Be available to answer the telephone support line
- Provide initial process & procedural support to the client
- Signpost to relevant organisations as required
- Update and log all calls using the companies Content Management System
- Communicate with the Management team on any issues that need immediate action
- Participate in all ongoing training sessions.
- Provide all data and call logs for evaluation
- Develop a gender specific aftercare protocol
We require an individual that has a good understating of the criminal justice system and the procedures and polices involved with Criminal Justice entrants and Prison leavers. A forward-thinker who is motivated and enthusiastic to support our clients with moving forward with their lives.
The Person should be:
- Team player
- Wants to make a difference
- Active listener
- Flexible, open, and approachable
- Dependable and enthusiastic
- Non-judgmental attitude
- Committed to positive change
- Ideally the candidate will hold a Peer Mentor Qualification such as NOCN Level 2/3 Award in Peer Mentoring.
What this role can offer
- Job satisfaction as you will be making peoples lives that little bit easier.
- Invaluable experience working within a Criminal Justice System based organisation.
- The opportunity to develop existing skills and gain new ones in a practical supportive working environment.
- Support from a motivated and enthusiastic team.
- A valuable experience contributing to real social change.
- Opportunity to develop and progress within the organisation
Full time, 35 hours per week (Part time also considered)
Equality and diversity
bthechange welcomes applications from all sections of the community regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability. Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks This post is subject to an enhanced criminal record disclosure check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) processes, as the post holder will have regular contact with vulnerable adults. Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks are done at the earliest possible stage. However, your DBS is not a barrier to this work and each case will be reviewed on its merits. Interviews will be on a rolling basis. To apply: please send a Curriculum Vitae or Magna Vitae and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org