We are looking for an interventions and women’s centre coordinator to work with our Minerva team on the delivery of a new service across the Thames Valley region
This post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
Advance is committed to equality and diversity and strongly encourages applications from women with disabilities, from BME backgrounds and the LBT community, and with personal experience of the criminal justice system.
Advance is a well-respected, award-winning and innovative women-only organisation, established in 1998, providing emotional and practical support to women experiencing domestic abuse and supporting women with short-term sentences to reduce offending. Through the Minerva service, our goal is to divert women from the Criminal Justice System at the earliest opportunity and prevent families breaking down as a result.
We are in the process of expanding our service beyond our London footprint to Bedfordshire, Essex, Hampshire, Hertfordshire and Kent, along with Thames Valley, providing one-to-one advocacy and specialist work including workshops and group activities delivered by Advance in partnership with voluntary organisations.
In short you will:
- Be the first point of contact for clients coming to the Women’s Centre; offering a warm welcome and trauma informed approach.
- Hold responsibility for the Minerva telephone number and email account in your region.
- Assist in researching additional resources and events for service users; both within the Centre and across the region.
- Contribute to creating and lead on updating the local Services Directory with details of local organisations, key contacts and details of services on offer, including eligibility criteria.
- Assist the Service Manager in managing the smooth running of the Women’s Centre in your region, including managing the group workshops timetable, arranging meetings and booking external venues for client groups or training events.
- Facilitate direct group delivery and events at the Women’s Centre and regional venues
- Assist the Service Manager with the quality assurance and collation of data and information as required, including for funder reports.
Based in one of the Advance or partner Women’s Centres with travel across the specified geographic region to other centres/community hubs as required.