Julian House is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society. This includes applications from those with personal experience of homelessness or other forms of social exclusion. We also embraces flexibility and diversity in the workplace and are proud to be a Disability Confident as well as Mindful employer.
This is a fantastic opportunity, to start or continue your career within the Criminal Justice System. You will be working as part of a supportive team, supporting ex offender to integrate back into the community to sustain long-term tenancies and rebuild their lives.
Joint working with colleagues in a multi-agency framework; ie. closely working with probation workers, police, drug & alcohol support services, as well as local authority housing teams and volunteering agencies. to encourage clients back to work where appropriate.
We are looking for a reliable and enthusiastic candidate, who is passionate about working within the criminal justice system, keen to support clients to make and sustain positive changes in their lives. We will in turn provide a range of internal and external training, relevant to the role.
- Build positive and effective working relationships and agreements with relevant external agencies which will include working closely with Somerset criminal justice services.
- Progress and track referrals made into the service and outcomes for service users moving on from service.
- Complete needs assessment/risk assessment for clients leading to the delivery of key elements of support plans which meet individual client need and reduce re-offending.
- Give clients advice, information and provide an enabling service so that they can be signposted to and access appropriate support services.
- Identify and sign post meaningful occupation opportunities for clients.
- Maintain client records that are accurate and fully updated using the Julian House client record system.
- Support Case Coordinator in analysis of this data, indicating areas of unmet need, and contribute to recommendations for changes in services.
- Utilise private rented and social housing move on opportunities to ensure effective service move on pathways.
- Review CCTV and ensure client information is logged and concerns raised with the Case Coordinator and if appropriate, external CJS agencies.
Julian House Benefits:
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff Award Scheme
- Cash Health Care Plan
- Monthly training courses available to all staff from experienced facilitators
- 25 days annual leave
- 20% discount at Julian House shops
Julian House has a supportive culture, providing regular supervision and line management alongside externally facilitated reflective practice which enables staff to look after their own health and well-being whilst giving their best in their roles.