As a Case Work Coordinator, you are required to work with the clients to maintain units of accommodation to a high standard of health and safety and work closely with them to establish effective management of personal finances for example, supporting the client to complete benefit claims and budgeting. The Coordinator is responsible for maintaining accurate and timely records of all client interactions and where necessary working with the rest of the team to produce reporting for partners and funders.
The service is for people who have a recent history of homelessness and that have been recently released from prison. Clients lead complex lives and may have experienced or still be experiencing, trauma, mental ill-health, substance misuse, domestic abuse and will be involved with the criminal justice system. Julian House works in close partnership with statutory criminal justice agencies to provided supported housing solutions to people leaving prison. To facilitate tenancy sustainment, we work closely with the individual, the Police, NPS and CRC to align client goals with tenancy requirements and license conditions. This portion of the Devon & Cornwall Supported Housing Service consists of 16 units of supported accommodation (expected to increase to 22) dispersed between 11 properties across Devon & Cornwall, we hold units in Exeter, Plymouth, and Liskeard. The aim is to empower clients to develop their skills, resilience and independence, as a steppingstone to sustained recovery and move-on within 12 months, to their own tenancy. This role sits in the criminal justice supported accommodation portion of the Devon & Cornwall Supported Housing Service. This wider service includes: 21 units for medium support need clients, 16 (increasing to 22) units for medium and high risk prison leavers, and 8 units for medium to low needs young people <24yrs with experience of care and or homelessness. This role will ensure the safe running of between 5-8 units, developing systems that permit units to be maintained at appropriate health & safety and fire standards. You will work closely with referral agencies to maintain adequate waiting lists, ensuring that voids are minimised and that rent, and service accounts are maintained effectively.
- Build positive and effective working relationships and agreements with relevant external agencies which will include working closely with Devon and Cornwall criminal justice services.
- Progress and track referrals made into the service and outcomes for service users moving on from service.
- Complete needs assessment/risk assessment for clients leading to the delivery of key elements of support plans which meet individual client need and reduce re-offending.
- Give clients advice, information and provide an enabling service so that they can be signposted to and access appropriate services.
- Co-ordinate and deliver meaningful occupation opportunities for clients.
- Maintain client records that are accurate and fully updated using the Julian House client record system.
- Support analysis of this data, indicating areas of unmet need, and contribute to recommendations for changes in services.
- Utilise private rented move on opportunities to ensure effective service move on pathways.
- Take part in rostered systems of working which may include weekend and evening working as required.
- Ensure all new clients moving into the service understand their rights and responsibilities and the conditions of their license agreement and have a valid Housing Benefit claim in place.
- Manage the planned and positive move-on of clients through the service, ensuring staff are supported to meet their targets around length of stay.
- Effectively manage rent arrears and voids in line with policy and procedure.
- Pro-actively manage neighbourhood and community relations, responding appropriately to any concerns when they occur.
- Ensure that organisational administrative systems, including Petty Cash and rent/service charge collection are accurately maintained
Health and Safety:
- Comply with and implement our Health and Safety policies, ensuring all checks take place and are recorded.
- Work within our fire safety policies, taking responsibility for the oversight of fire safety management within the service.
- To proactively manage the safety and security of building(s), ensuring that any maintenance issues are quickly identified and addressed.
- Ensure that all clients are provided with a high-quality person-centred service which takes a strength-based and trauma-informed approach.
- Ensure clients views and feedback influence the design and delivery of the service.
- Ensure all clients in the service are aware of their rights and responsibilities.
- Ensure the service meets targets set out in the contract specification, as well as internal KPIs and compliance.
- Produce accurate reports and data as requested and at specified intervals.
- Manage incidents and safeguarding and to ensure action is taken and followed up where required.
- Ensure that administration is done promptly and to a high standard using the electronic case management system; with detailed, concise and accurate records.
Liaison with Outside Agencies:
- Represent Julian House on external bodies as appropriate to the remit of this post.
- Work collaboratively taking a multi-agency approach to safeguard clients.
- Develop professional relationships with external partners to enhance service provision and client outcomes.
- Act in accordance with the aims of Julian House and implement and follow all of our policies and procedures.
- Ensure that financial procedures are maintained at all times in accordance with our procedures.
- Actively contribute to service and organisational meetings and working groups.
- Work flexibly including evening or weekends where required.
- Participate in then Devon & Cornwall on call rota system providing support to clients outside of core working hours.
- Use supervisions and reflective practice opportunities to consider your strengths, weaknesses, thoughts, beliefs and motivations.
- Any other duties within the scope of the post as directed by the Team Leader or other senior staff.