Change for Good Community Chaplaincy Limited (CfG), a registered charity since 2012, is a volunteer mentoring charity that works across London supporting prison-leavers as they resettle in the community before and after their release from prison. We do this through our ‘through the gate’ work, volunteer mentoring, liaising with many organisations across the criminal justice sector, and support groups.
We are looking for a Volunteer Coordinator to join our small team at a very exciting time of growth for our charity. The last 2 years have seen Change for Good go from local mentoring charity in HMP Wandsworth to an innovative resettlement charity serving 4 prisons, and supporting our Next Chapter community project and mentoring relationships across London.
Some evenings will be required for volunteer training and events. Days to be agreed with applicant, hybrid working options available at the discretion of the CEO.
- 25 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays (both pro-rata for part time positions).
- 5% pension contribution.
- Independent supervision for wellbeing.
- Professional development allowance.
What we are looking for:
- Experience managing volunteers or working as a volunteer
- Recent experience of working in the voluntary sector of criminal justice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- IT skills including the use of Gmail, Microsoft and Excel
Recruit and train volunteers
- Connect with faith and other community groups to attract volunteers
- Interview prospective volunteers, ensure the volunteer recruitment process is completed, including DBS checks, following up references, induction training, and further training requirements before volunteers are placed.
Support volunteers in their role
- Be a source of information on which prison and community organisations/services are available to members and volunteers
- Discuss issues raised by volunteers and provide suitable support
- Liaise with case workers to pair volunteers with members
- Ensure security issues are adhered to and that volunteers always remain vigilant and understand security, boundaries and confidentiality
- Maintain volunteer monitoring data and ensure volunteers provide regular updates on their activity with each member
- Ensure volunteer feedback systems are maintained and developed and that volunteer feedback continuously helps to improve the service
- Help develop and deliver volunteer training
- Conduct monthly Change for Good workshops for volunteers