We are looking for a Peripatetic Interventions Officer to join our Behaviour Change and Support Services Unit. You’ll provide support and guidance to our participants, from initial screening and assessment through to the conclusion of delivery.
We’ll need your excellent communication skills as you deliver a range of specialist 1-2-1 and group interventions in both community and custodial settings plus via MS Teams remotely. We’ll also need your ability to form and maintain constructive working relationships as you work with all multi-agency staff including police, probation, local authorities, substance misuse staff, survivor services and mental health staff to reduce and manage the risk of harm and any risk of reoffending.
Our successful candidate will ideally have experience working in Social Work/Probation and have knowledge of the criminal justice system. However, we’re mainly looking for relevant market experience and the ability to work with and influence participants with challenging behaviour and complex needs.
This is an excellent opportunity to promote positive change, the protection of victims and children, plus the development of pro-social behaviour through a multi-agency approach.
In return for your dedication, knowledge, and commitment, we’re offering a competitive salary of £88.45 - £95.38 per day (dependent on experience) with these great benefits:
- Pro rata of 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays + Birthday Day off (with the opportunity to buy additional days)
- 2 Volunteer Days
- Pension - 5% Employee 5% Employer
- Healthcare Cash Plan, incl. 3 x salary life assurance
- Annual Salary Increase in line with national average
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Free access to BenefitHub – an online portal with access to a wide range of retail discounts, cycle to work scheme and additional voluntary benefits
Interested? There’s an easy-to-apply route below to upload your CV! If you need any further information, talk to our experienced Internal Recruitment Team.
Interventions Alliance is part of an employee-owned organisation and we continually pride ourselves on our sense of community, both in the incredible work we do throughout UK and Ireland, and internally within our 2,500-strong team. People are at the front, centre, and heart of every service we provide and each decision we make.
Location: Mobile working, managing referrals from HMP Standford Hill.
Hours: Part-time, 1 day per week (7.4 hours)
Contract: Fixed-term contract - 12 months
Closing date: 7 February 2023
- Develop engagement plans with participants and provide regular face-to-face and remote sessions
- Maintain accurate and timely records of all attendance, engagement, and behavioural issues.
- Maintain up-to-date risk information, contributing and liaising with external agencies
- Ensure timely and accurate information is shared with victim services
Skills & Experience
We’re looking for experience of two or more of the following:
- Delivery of group-work interventions to support positive change and reduce reoffending.
- Delivery of individual interventions to support positive change and reduce reoffending.
- Knowledge of the supportive and rehabilitative service provides to support holistic solutions.
- Delivery of Advice and Guidance
- Supporting those with substance misuse or mental health problems.
- Delivering community engagement/volunteering projects.
- Working in a multi-agency framework
INTERVENTIONS ALLIANCE is the Justice and Social Care division of Seetec, delivering tailored support to participants across a range of contracts, including as CFO Activity Hubs, Education, Training and Employment (ETE), Accommodation, Personal Wellbeing and Approved Premises. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to build a better future, regardless of their past choices or the challenges they face.
We are committed to combining our knowledge, skills and talents across the justice and social care sectors to deliver services and interventions that overcome the barriers that hold people back from living more fulfilled lives. Ultimately, our aim is to equip individuals with the necessary skills needed to desist from offending, successfully reintegrate into their local communities and address barriers to work.
Seetec - Interventions Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
You will be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Seetec - Interventions Alliance supports the recruitment of ex-offenders and will not discriminate in any way. Our full policy statement of “Ex-Offenders” can be found on our website under” About us”
Seetec - Interventions Alliance is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.