We are looking to recruit a Domestic Abuse Officer to provide a one-to-one domestic abuse perpetrator programme for individuals identified by our partner agencies. Using strength-based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) interventions, you’ll work to reduce the risk of harm to others and support perpetrators to understand how to develop healthy, non-abusive behaviours.
We’ll need your ability to form and maintain constructive working relationships as you work with all multi-agency staff including police, substance misuse staff, survivor services and mental health staff to reduce and manage the risk of harm and any risk of reoffending.
Our successful candidate will ideally have knowledge and experience of CBT, however, we’re mainly looking for relevant market experience and the ability to work with and influence participants with challenging behaviour and complex needs.
This is an excellent opportunity to promote positive change, the protection of victims and children, and develop pro-social behaviour through a multi-agency approach.
In return for your dedication, knowledge, and commitment, we’re offering a competitive salary of £30,208 - £33,600 per annum (dependent on experience) with these great benefits:
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays + Birthday Day off (with the opportunity to buy additional days)
- 2 Volunteer Days
- Pension - 5% Employee 5% Employer
- Healthcare Cash Plan, incl. 3 x salary life assurance
- Annual Salary Increase in line with national average
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Free access to BenefitHub – an online portal with access to a wide range of retail discounts, cycle to work scheme and additional voluntary benefits
Interested? There’s an easy-to-apply route below to upload your CV! If you need any further information, talk to our experienced Internal Recruitment Team.
Interventions Alliance is part of an employee-owned organisation and we continually pride ourselves on our sense of community, both in the incredible work we do throughout UK and Ireland, and internally within our 2,500-strong team. People are at the front, centre, and heart of every service we provide and each decision we make.
Location: Hybrid working, managing cases across Sussex. Travel across the area may be required to attend meetings etc.
Contract: Fixed-term contract until July 2023
Hours: Part-time, 4 days a week
Closing date: 7 February 2023
- Develop engagement plans with participants and provide regular face-to-face and remote sessions
- Maintain accurate and timely records of all attendance, engagement, and behavioural issues.
- Maintain up-to-date risk information, contributing and liaising with external agencies
- Ensure timely and accurate information is shared with Domestic Abuse survivor services
Skills & Experience
We are looking for someone with a good understanding of:
- Issues related to domestic abuse and child protection.
- Principles of case management and maintaining case management records
- Understanding of the principles of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Basic risk management principles
- The importance of multi-agency work
INTERVENTIONS ALLIANCE is the Justice and Social Care division of Seetec, delivering tailored support to participants across a range of contracts, including CFO Activity Hubs, Education, Training and Employment (ETE), Accommodation, Personal Wellbeing and Approved Premises. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to build a better future, regardless of their past choices or the challenges they face.
We are committed to combining our knowledge, skills and talents across the justice and social care sectors to deliver services and interventions that overcome the barriers that hold people back from living more fulfilled lives. Ultimately, our aim is to equip individuals with the necessary skills needed to desist from offending, successfully reintegrate into their local communities and address barriers to work.
Seetec - Interventions Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
You will be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Seetec - Interventions Alliance supports the recruitment of ex-offenders and will not discriminate in any way. Our full policy statement of “Ex-Offenders” can be found on our website under” About us”
Seetec - Interventions Alliance is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.