Do you want to make a real difference to the lives of women and children?
Do you have expertise in any of the below and a belief that your skills will contribute to the strong and effective governance of a medium-sized charity?
- Direct Service Delivery to people facing multiple disadvantages (women and children particularly)
- People & Organisational Development
- Development & Fundraising
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- UK Employment Law
- Safeguarding Adults & Children
Then please read on and apply! We are looking to appoint up to 4 new Trustees to the Board.
Advance is a national women’s charity delivering services in Greater London and the South and East of England. In 2023, we will celebrate 25 years of driving systemic change and delivering community-based, frontline support to women and children experiencing domestic abuse, including those in contact with the criminal justice system
Since 1998, Advance (named for Advocacy and Non-Violence Community Education) has been at the forefront of innovation in the women’s sector.
We have pioneered gender-specific and trauma-informed support for domestic abuse survivors, including those in contact with the criminal justice system, within a Coordinated Community Response. Thousands of women and girls every year transform their lives with our services and this positively impacts directly and indirectly on thousands more children too.
This is an exciting opportunity for a trustee to join our experienced and committed Board.
You will join a dedicated and skilled group of 12 Trustees and support the charity through a significant period of growth. Our staff team now includes over 150 skilled and passionate women across our programmes and our 8 women’s’ centres in London and the South and East of England.
As part of the Board, you will be responsible for the governance, strategic direction and sustainability of the organisation alongside a highly committed and welcoming team. Your commitment will extend to:
- Board of Trustees meetings 4 times / year (Evenings)
- Contribute to the work of 4 x sub-committee meetings / year (Evenings)
- Ad hoc availability as matters arise (by telephone)
- Participate in 1 strategy away day 1 / year (Saturday)
- Commit to the Board of Trustees for at least 3 years
Board meetings take place in hybrid form – online and in person from our HQ in Hammersmith, London.
This is a voluntary, unpaid appointment, although reasonable travel expenses will be paid.