Are you looking for a challenging, creative, rewarding and fast paced work environment? Do you want the opportunity to be part of a nurse-led service utilising all of your clinical and interpersonal skills?
If yes then The Forward Trust are looking for you.
You would be working as part of a healthcare team with a mixture of psychosocial and clinical interventions.. There are many opportunities to develop new skills and this role is ideal for nurses seeking to broaden their knowledge and understanding of caring for high risk adults often with complex needs. We emphasise good collaborative working across teams and regular cross functional meetings to encourage learning and development within the team.
- To provide interventions and support for drug and alcohol users with complex needs as part of a recovery plan. This may include triage, assessment; administration of controlled drugs and other prescribed medication, group facilitation and 1:1 key working.
- To liaise with other professionals and other agencies in the planning and delivery of nursing care.
- Promote the health and well-being of clients and maintain a safe, caring and therapeutic environment which minimises risk at all times.
- Ensure that Forward Policies and procedures relating to service provision are strictly adhered to.
- To undertake initial health needs assessment to include mental health and substance use history and current use.
- Develop, implement & evaluate programmes of care ensuring the needs of each patient is met including detailed arrangements for through-care, transfer/discharge and liaise with other agencies as appropriate.
- To be competent in urine/saliva testing and interpreting the results and to report and record any unexpected results to the senior nurse on duty.
- Participate in the facilitation of group activities.
- To carry out risk assessments paying attention to any adult /child safeguarding issues.
For more than 30 years, Forward have been working with people building positive and productive lives, whatever their past. Our services have supported thousands of people to make positive changes and build productive lives with a job, family, friends and a sense of community.
We believe and are committed to providing opportunities to all people including those with ‘Lived Experience’ we encourage applications from all background including those in recovery from addiction, co-dependency or gambling, have experience of previous offending or homelessness.
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate is driven to provide high-quality clinical assessment and treatment to substance dependent users and ability to deliver high standards of nursing care and interventions and demonstrate leadership qualities. You have a flexible and can-do approach to work, invested in providing great care to our clients.
- Assessment skills, including an understanding of risk assessments.
- Ability to treat service users with respect and dignity at all times, adopting a culturally sensitive approach, which considers the needs of the whole person.
- Knowledge of medication rounds and the safe storage and administration of medicines including controlled drugs.
- Degree or Advanced Diploma in Nursing - RGN, RMN or RNLD; with current UK Registration
What we offer:
- Basic Salary in line with AFC bands
- Overtime (depending on service need)
- NMC Pin paid
- Revalidation Appraisal online portfolio including a journal subscription
- 6 days of CPD per year
- Mentorship opportunities
- Retention interviews
- Support with your revalidation
- Training opportunities and career development
- 25 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays - (rising to 30 with length of service)
- Contributory Pension Scheme – Employer matched contributions of up to 6% in the first two years’ service and up to 9% thereafter
- Electric Vehicle Scheme – Allowing staff to achieve savings on vehicle leasing through salary sacrifice/tax efficiency.
- Cycle to Work Scheme – Allowing staff to achieve savings on bicycle purchase and accessories through salary sacrifice/tax efficiency.
- Season Ticket Loans – Interest free loans to purchase travel tickets.
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Optical - £125
- Dental - £125
- Dental Emergency - £450
- Chiropractor, Physio, Osteopath, Acupuncture - £275
- Chiropodist, Podiatrist, Reflexology - £75
- Consultants, tests & Scans - £450
- Health Assessment - £300
- Private GP apt, dietician consultation, vaccinations - £75
- Prescription Charges - £30
- Stays in Hospital - £20 per day/night
- New baby payment (6 month membership qualification) - £200
- Helpline and Counselling Services 24/7 which includes access to a GP and advice line for legal & financial situations.Simply Health – cash back scheme, that offers:
- Critical Illness Scheme – This provides one off payments for long-term sickness absence when sick pay reduces to half or SSP only (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Death in Service Payment (2x annual salary)