As part of the traineeship you will be shadowing a member of the team and will be given guidance and support working through the various aspects of the role in the business unit you have been assigned to. The team member you will be shadowing will ensure you are receiving the training and development needed to become competent in the role.
Part of your time on the traineeship will be spent working, gaining the practical on the job experience and part studying towards achieving the qualification that has been assigned (subject to criteria).
You will receive regular reviews to ensure that you stay on track to successfully complete the traineeship and undertake the compulsory therapy as part of the traineeship.
The Forward Trust, are a UK leading provider of drug and alcohol treatment services to offenders. We deliver treatment and recovery support – in prisons and in the community – which helps people move away from addiction and crime. These services provide a variety of support, including advice, counselling, group work and intensive treatment. At The Forward Trust we believe that all people who are addicted to or misusing substances should have access to support which is effective in protecting their health, and motivating them to take steps towards their own recovery. Over 30 years of pursuing this mission, we have been successful in moving thousands of drug dependent offenders away from a lifestyle revolving around crime, and drug or alcohol dependence.
We believe and are committed to providing opportunities to all people including those with ‘Lived Experience’ we encourage applications from all background including those in recovery from addiction, co-dependency or gambling, have experience of previous offending or homelessness. If you would like to give back and develop your skills our trainee programme could be just what you are looking for.
We ask you to commit to a recognised qualification whilst completing your one year traineeship, and in return we will provide you with a comprehensive support package.
What are we looking for?
- An ability to set and maintain professional boundaries
- Good organisational and communication skills
- An understanding of the needs of vulnerable adults in recovery with experience of previous offending.
- Able to manage own workload effectively to deadlines and targets
- Understanding of, and commitment to the principles of equal opportunity and client confidentiality
What we offer
- Training opportunities and career development
- Salary Sacrifice Electric Car Scheme (once confirmed in post)
- Season Ticket Loan Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days (rising to 30 with length of service) Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Simply Health Cash Back Scheme - including but not limited to:
- Discounted gym membership
- Dental treatment cover
- Optical treatment cover
- Multiple alternative therapies
- Contributory Pension Scheme – Employer matched contributions of up to 6% in the first two years’ service and up to 9% thereafter
- HeadSpace App
- Death in Service Payment (2x annual salary)
- Critical Illness Insurance (subject to qualifying criteria)