Do you have substantial experience of delivering training to vulnerable adults and a proven ability to work with people who have multiple and complex needs? Then join St. Giles Trust as a Trainer & Host Coordinator and you could soon be embarking on a highly rewarding and career-enhancing position.
We are an ambitious, well-established charity that helps people facing adversity to find jobs, homes and the right support they need. Central to our ethos is our belief that people with first-hand experience of successfully overcoming issues such as an offending background, homelessness, addictions and gang involvement, hold the key to positive change in others.
You will plan and deliver quality training programmes to clients, peer advisors and staff working towards a qualification or participating in a non-accredited training programme. You will engage and support individuals to complete their training programme and to progress onto further opportunities and sustainable employment. You will also work as part of a larger Trainer and Assessor team which ensures excellent standards are maintained in terms of training delivery.
You will be responsible for supporting your learners throughout their training. You will be required to work closely with other St Giles services and other organisations who host work placement to build and maintain excellent working relationships.
To secure this exciting opportunity, you must have:
- Must have experience of delivering training to adults facing disadvantage and ability to support people who have multiple and complex needs
- Experience of building and maintaining partnership opportunities in relation to placements/volunteering
- Experience of working to targets and recording information and statistics to enable effective monitoring of performance against targets
- Proven ability to delivery engaging training sessions in person and online
- Ability to comply with the reporting requirements of the Assessment Centre
- A flexible and collaborative approach and great relationship building skills
- A good understanding of how to set up and operate systems to monitor and report on work
- Strong belief in the ability of people to turn their lives around
In return, you can expect a competitive salary and generous leave allowance, staff pension scheme, flexible working, a mentoring programme, an advice and counselling service, season ticket loan and much more!
St Giles will guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria set out in the Job Description for the vacancy.
As an organisation that works with children and adults at risk we are committed to safeguarding, protecting and promoting the safety of our clients.
Fixed term contract until 31 March 2023