CAN is a multi-layered organisation that supports the development of children & young people to reach their full potential through Cultural Education, Creative Practice & Civic Leadership as a catalyst for cultural, social & economic change. Our mission is to support vulnerable C&YP facing multiple and complex disadvantages to have the right to access new experiences & opportunities to live a fulfilling life, that builds a brighter future in the Black Country (Dudley, Sandwell, Walsall & Wolverhampton) & the surrounding areas of the West Midlands.
To achieve our mission, we have set five core goals/service delivery:
- C&YP can access & engage in arts, culture, heritage, media & sport.
- C&YP can engage in education, employment & volunteering.
- C&YP can access recreational leisure time provision.
- C&YP become motivated, self-aware, receptive, resilient, responsible, confident and good communicators.
- C&YP can access support, advice & training in the local community.